join our team
Job Title: Staff Accountant
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
- Distributes expenditures, encumbrances, receipts, and receivables according to schedules.
- Performs statistical analyses to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes, and writes narrative reports explaining findings.
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for other managers.
- Audits contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement.
- Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within designated limits.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Installs, modifies, documents, and coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures.
- Knowledge of implementation of systems for general accounting and peripheral systems.
- Makes recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
- Conducts studies and submits recommendations for improving the organization’s accounting operation.
- Ensure accuracy of information being input into payroll system.
- Facilitate the administration of Payroll.
- Collaborate with Human Resources concerning policies, benefit plans, etc.
- Collaborate with IT regarding time clocks, the distribution of data through Payroll, and to the accounting system.
- Perform necessary manual adjustments regarding 401(k) or other benefits/payroll matters.
- Collaborate with accounting regarding the distribution of payroll expenses and/or withholdings and the movement of funds so that accounting records are automatically updated.
- Facilitate any changes in employee status that effects Payroll.
- Insure that the proper withholdings are being relieved from company accounts and reports are being filed with the applicable government authorities.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings, including City Business and Occupation Taxes.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.