CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA / VIENNA, VA / BOSTON, MA
Candidate must possess:
- 4-Year degree in Computer Science or similar field
- 6 + years’ experience with DevOps or release engineering
- Experience with administering DevOps in an enterprise-level environment
- Experience designing and building software, especially .Net applications
- Experience with enterprise CRM systems like Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Experience with enterprise CMS systems like Sitecore
- Experience with enterprise Rules Engines like InRule, Drools, Red Hat Decision Manager, etc.
- Expertise with public IaaS and PaaS clouds, such as AWS, Azure, Cloud Foundry, or private cloud systems.
- Knowledge able in source code management practices such as branching and merging
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and computer science foundations
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as PowerShell or Bash
- Solid understanding of QA Testing Frameworks
- Experience with SQL coding and experience with relation al database design and development
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and technologies
- Knowledge of or experience with unit testing
- Experience with some or all of ( but not limited to ) the following DevOps-related tools , technologies and services:
- Infrastructure as Code (ISC)
- Microsoft Azure DevOps
- Container platforms like Docker and orchestration systems like Kubernetes
- CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis CI or Azure Pipelines
- Automated web testing tools like Selenium or Katalon
- Configuration Management and Deployment tools like Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Monitoring tools like Nagios or AppOptics
Your work will support a number of divisions across our global presence, each with unique DevOps needs. You will help oversee management and governance of our source code repositories and will work closely with our Development, Quality Assurance , Infrastructure and contracting teams to manage, document and automate software builds , deployments and tests as well as automate data refreshes of non-production environments for a number of applications that are critical to the business.
These applications include (but are not limited to) Dynamics CRM3 65customizations, Sitecore customizations and custom ASP.Net applications built by different divisions within the company. You will serve as the release engineer for major deployments and updates. You will also work with the Development and Infrastructure teams to configure monitoring, alerting, logging and tracing tools and use them to their best advantage . You will help define the path forward for the Release Engineering department by researching, defining and architecting solutions for Source Control, Build and Deployment automation, Continuous Integration, Environment Monitoring and general developer tools. You will also provide mentoring and guidance for more junior members of the team.
- Manage, document and automate software builds, deployments and tests
- Automate data refreshes of non-production environments.
- Oversee software deployments
- Configure monitoring, alerting, logging and tracing tools
- Configure source control repositories
- Assist with oversight of source control repositories
- Mentor more junior team members
- Research, define and architect solutions for Source Control, Build and Deployment automation, Continuous Integration, Environment Monitoring and general developer tools