Candidate must possess:
Successful candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree and at least five years of progressive experience for the HR Business Partner position and at least seven years of progressive experience for the Senior HR Business Partner position.
The University of Virginia is currently seeking forward-thinking candidates for the positions of HR Business Partner and Senior HR Business Partner. HR Business Partners and Senior HR Business Partners are strategic communicators who provide best-in-class service to schools, units, and organizations at the University of Virginia. These positions are responsible for driving and managing the HR experience inclusive of HR program administration, talent planning, performance management coaching and guidance, and risk mitigation to enhance performance of assigned school, unit or organization.
Through effective engagement of the university’s resources, creative problem solving, exchanging of ideas with university colleagues, and in-depth HR knowledge and experience, the HR Business Partners and Senior Business Partners support the vision and objectives of the school, unit, or organization and its variety of faculty, staff, and team members. In addition to knowledge and application of human resources strategies, the incumbent will be required to maintain an effective level of business literacy as it relates to the assigned business unit’s financial position, culture and engagement, and business objectives.
- Coordinate and administer HR programs and activities with limited supervision.
- Apply and reinforce performance management and employee relations practices utilizing CoE endorsed practices (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Create and/or review faculty and high-level staff offer letters, including contracts in partnership with school/unit and external partners (e.g., UPG contracts, coaching contracts).
- Provide interpretation and advice on HR, EOCR, Provost, HIPAA, ADAAA, and other governing policies, processes, and laws.
- Work with Managers, HR colleagues, Finance, and CoEs to ensure information is accurate, in support of headcount and budget management. Collaborate with Communities of Expertise (CoEs) to create program documents and/or templates used for local program implementations as well as ensure new programs and processes are effectively communicated and implemented within the business unit.
- Facilitate clinical or departmental/unit-specific onboarding activities.
- Identify and escalate opportunities for improvement that support the school/unit’s goals and objectives, resulting in a better client experience and alignment with HR strategy and objectives.
- Partner with COE Leads, Human Resources Business Partners, and organization leadership to effectively administer and improve administration of human resources programs and services.
- Maintain an effective level of business literacy as it relates to the assigned business unit’s financial position, culture and engagement, and business objectives.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.