- Strong knowledge of operational components within the travel, hospitality, and service industry.
- Proven sourcing skills and expertise.
- Strong contract negotiation and contract drafting/review skills. Knowledge of best demonstrated practices in structuring agency contracts. Awareness of legal environments.
- Ability to lead teams in holistic business-based situation analysis, solution generation and action steps.
- Accomplished managerial and leadership capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of management, with exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate with internal departments, seek common ground and establish alignment on common goals.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- Extremely motivated, high-energy and self-starter mindset.
- Exceptional planning and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to prioritize in an ever-changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Marketing or related area required;
- Minimum 10 years progressive business experience;
- Experience in contract negation or equivalent;
- Experience in travel-operations and in a sourcing function.
This position will set the strategic direction and implement corporate initiatives related to procurement activities supporting our US business. The Senior Director is responsible for leading the US domestic procurement efforts to efficiently and effectively review cost-of-sale inputs related to corporate spending and collaborate with functional partners to maximize the value they receive from suppliers. The incumbent will be responsible for the timely and cost-effective delivery of goods and services through clearly aligned objectives with vendors through strategic negotiations. This position will play a key role in ensuring the appropriate processes, controls, and delivery are on pace through constructing, sharing and reporting on key performance indicators via vendor scorecard measurements. This position will routinely meet and align with internal key stakeholders as to what services are required to support the domestic business.
Specifically, the Senior Director will oversee a Procurement team focused on US Domestic spending objectives related to Hotel blocks, Meal locations, Destination/Special Interest Appointments, and Business Development Expansion. This position, for these key cost categories, will oversee the total spend for our US-based products which support +$400 million in revenue. Other critical responsibilities will include setting objectives and defining key priorities that are collaboratively aligned internally with business partners such as; Sales, Account Management, Education, and Finance. This position will drive strategy development and execution; best practices; support negotiation work; and analysis of macro- and micro-economics to provide value and reduce total costs.
- Leads a procurement team focused on key spend categories across the US Domestic business – Hotels, Meals, Appointments.
- Works across the company to outline expectations based on market factors; develops and reviews performance scorecards with FP&A team. Shares scorecards with vendors to ensure accountability for cost containment while also strengthening partnerships.
- Collaborates with business owners on contracts, by helping to identify market factors and best practices for fee baselines; as appropriate.
- When appropriate – manage RFP processes with vendors.
- Creates collaborative business plans with internal stakeholders and strategic vendors.
- Develops negotiating strategies and directs the execution of strategic programs.
- Provides direction and oversees Directors to ensure that they develop and maintain positive vendor relationships.
- Approves Director negotiations and contracts, guaranteeing the attainment of the most advantageous pricing, terms, discounts, allowances, quality, and delivery.
- Ensures all goods and services meet established standards and legal requirements.
- Addresses business unit concerns / issues, requests, and questions.
- Develops and shares partner scorecards that would include volume trends, cycle-time adherence (including invoicing), customer survey results, and other applicable key performance indicators.
- Utilizes all relevant intelligence tools to stay current on market factors impacting future models and strategies.
- Monitors the competitive landscape to keep abreast of emerging trends, supply/demand, industry changes and their overall impact to current and anticipated operational spend.
- Advise leadership teams of factors impacting current and/or future strategies.